ARTIST STATEMENT:

Can an article of clothing carry with it invisible ties and connections to the past and the people it may have come into contact with? My goal for this project is to connect with my mother and her side of the family through the act of restoring, wearing, and highlighting articles of clothing from her past.

21 July 2009

Getting There

Here is the dress so far. It's just loosely hand stitched to show me how I should sew it together on the sewing machine. It'll be shorter than that as I haven't hemmed it at the bottom.

11 comments:

  1. AWESOME!
    You are almost there!

    Cool. Looking really good!

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Beautiful and bright! You're an excellent seamstress! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I wish I could take credit for it, but I had the pattern made for me by one of my mom's close friends. She was trying to teach me but the lesson didn't go so well. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the bright colors in the new pictures! And the dress looks great. I'm really excited to see the finished product.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's okay you made a pre-made pattern. It's not the pattern that makes the dress memorable, but what's on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the new bright pics and the dress is looking good. cant wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are great! They're so vibrant & I love the patterns from the dresses! The dress you stitched is so cute! You've really done an awesome job so far & I can't wait to see this all come together!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have definitely gone the extra mile for your artist book in actually designing the subject matter for your photos. The photos are coming out well.

    --Nick Miller

    ReplyDelete
  9. what i can see looks good. the photos are not loading for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors really work well just becareful and color correct.

    ReplyDelete
  11. After you push yourself through this challenge, you will realize it was not all that difficult! I love the photo of you in front of the mirror. Good luck with your dress. I am ready to see the final edition.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete